Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sharon Draper Does it Again.

I recently picked up a new book to read and it was by none other by the inspiring Sharon Draper. The book is called Just Another Hero and looks to be a fun read just by looking at the cover featuring bright yellow caution tape and broken windows looked to be slapped on. Seeing this made the book jump out to me just like any other book.

In chapter 2 I noticed a little of the character being exposed with a very stubborn emotion. I think this because Arielle lets out true opinion of a friend named that was pregnant by saying they are fat , and swollen right after the person loss their boyfriend in a stunt. I don't think this is necessary or right because shes kinda trash talking November and pretending to be a friend. I think the deeper meaning of this whole scene was to show a little bit of hate in the character so later on in the book maybe we would see these traits again , although Arielle can be nice she still has some built up anger from somewhere. Maybe Arielle could possibly be selfish and thinks the world revolves around her and that her feelings bring others down or maybe she could be nice on the outside and maybe have issues on the inside. I think Arielle should worry about herself instead of others because if she has problems with others and then a rumor or issue gets out things could get ugly quick.

Concluding Arielles feelings from the opening scene and other chapters I read I think Arielle might keep these feelings inside her and try to become friends with November again since its basically a renewed friendship. I hope there will be some tense situations that Arielle is involved in so I can see how she reacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment