Tuesday, November 8, 2011

An Excellent Quote That Makes You Think

Therein-In that place, document, or respect: "the facts therein contained".

Irony-The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
           
Reading Interview with The Vampire I noticed a quote that relates to the world that made me think a lot deeper than normal since it wasn't as general as other quotes and it used complex wording. The quote that I noticed was “The world changes, we do not, therein lies the irony that kills us.” I think this quote may mean that we stand our place in the world and we sit while it rotates but we don't do anything to change or make our lifestyles standout to their full potential. The quote doesn't seem to touch on world issues about how some places are less fortunate but I do see how someone could relate it to that.

I can’t relate the quote fully to my life because my life is literally beginning since I’m only 13, but for other people they may be able to relate this since they have more experiences with life and maybe made changes that helped them along the way. If you had a choice to make a change would you make an effort or would you just stand with no progress to go along with?

No comments:

Post a Comment